Easy to make, rich in nutrients, perfect for a dessert (especially if paired with the orange cream) or for a simple snack.
Dark chocolate bites
- approx. 25 g dark chocolate, at least 70% dark
- 4 tbsp rolled oats (gluten-free, if necessary)
- 3-4 tbsp dried coconut
- 1 tbsp plant-based milk
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
Melt the chocolate with plant-based milk (both almond or hazelnut milk will work well; you can use water as an alternative). In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together with a spoon. Allow to cool down and keep in the fridge for at least 10 min. Prepare the small chocolate bites (you will be able to make approx. 8/9 of them with these ingredients). Keep the sweets in the fridge for at least 10 min. before serving. You can easily make them in advance and store in the fridge.
Raw orange cream
- 1 orange, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ tsp crushed spices (fennel seeds, cumin seeds, black pepper)
- 1 tsp date syrup (or 2 dates as an alternative)
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt (both plant-based or not will work well)
Blend the orange together with the spices, date syrup (or 2 dates, finely chopped) and yogurt. Serve this mixture together with the chocolate bites. With these ingredients, you will probably get more orange cream than what you need (depends on the size of your orange). Store it in the fridge, it will keep well until the next day.