Wondering how being more aware and eating with intention can change/improve your everyday life or your relationship with food and with yourself? Wondering how starting to be truly aware of the entire process of eating and don’t only mindless getting some fuel for your body can make a difference for you? Let’s talk about 3 main benefits that you can get.
1) RECLAIM YOUR TRUE SELF AND START FEELING YOUR BEST
Starting to be more AWARE of the entire process of nourishing, means working on the connection with your body and the food that you CHOOSE to eat, but it also means that you’ll truly put into practice the idea of moving from eating to nourishing. Learn how to listen and trust your body – start giving it what it needs, and not ignoring the messages that will eventually send you even in the busiest times. Start putting yourself first and love taking care of yourself, so you’ll be able to start felling your best!
2) LEARN MORE ABOUT YOURSELF AND WHAT YOU WANT
Check the difference between “I want to lose weight so I will start a diet next Monday” and “Lately I have been eating too many sweets because I look for them every time that I’m stressed, so I want to sort out this issue at its roots, find a way to de-stress and try new healthier snacks”
=> the idea behind the first sentence is looking for a quick fix without questioning the resolution or asking yourself why you should do that and how you feel now or which benefits you will get from accomplishing this goal
=> read again the second sentence. Can you see how this one is not only more complete but is already getting you on a different pathway and motivates you to ask yourself more questions about that idea of losing weight?
- You don’t need to COMPARE yourself to others
- You need to be focused on what really matters TO YOU
- You don’t need to fit into a general resolution but what you should do instead is create INTENTIONS with a non-judgemental approach
Big, bright and shiny resolutions are definitely attractive, but WORKING ON YOURSELF is so rewarding in the long term! Being more aware means start doing this every day and get to know yourself better.
3) START BREAKING UP WITH THE DIETING MINDSET
A few days ago, I was talking with a new client about diets and why they aren’t the right tool to start having a healthier lifestyle or a better relationship with food.
For example: the idea of cheat days – when you have a healthy relationship with food, you don’t need this kind of things. The idea of a restrictive diet for 5/6 days a week and then a free day is only creating more limitations and a wrong mindset: you finally feel free to eat on that day and end up overeating because you know that all those things are NOT ALLOWED on regular days.
- how can this approach help you to learn more about your body and its needs?
- how can you truly enjoy your food if the idea is “I NEED to follow these restrictions today, then I will finally eat EVERYTHING that I want on my cheat day“?
- how can you truly learn to eat with intention, and understand what you like or don’t like?
- what will you do when your diet will come to an end? Which teachings will you get for your future?
The main goal is generally just one: lose weight. But there are a bunch of things that can help you in reaching your goal and that the classic dieting mindset doesn’t take into account, such as:
- which are the reasons why you need to lose weight?
- what else you can do apart from working on the food that you eat?
- how do you feel about having to lose weight?
- do you have a healthy relationship with your body?
- how is your appetite? Do you recognise well when you are full or hungry?
I truly believe that it’s important to check-in with yourself very well before starting a journey like this one or any other wellness-related programs. You need to be aware of what can be disruptive for your mindset and what can help you in MOVING FORWARD.
Unfortunately, it’s so easy to lose confidence in your body or your food choices, and feeling like you are NOT ENOUGH… but, on the other hand, it’s not so easy to get back having a positive, strong and motivated mindset. So, try to PUT YOURSELF FIRST every day, try to choose what is best for you with a critical point of view and start being more AWARE. It’s NOT wasted time!
REMEMBER: if you are not willing to take action, you can’t expect the results that you are looking for!
Would you like to start having a different approach to WHAT YOU EAT AND WHY YOU CHOOSE IT? Join my brand new program “EATING WITH INTENTION” – learn how to CREATE AWARENESS while nourishing your mind and body in a simple way within this 4-week program
Are you ready to get started?